Saturday, February 19, 2011

LITERATURE: SHAPING OUR FUTURE

     
          I have always been fascinated by different stories that creates clear images of various scenarios on my mind.  I love hearing fairy tales from my mother imagining that I was the main character when I was just a little kid.  And when I learned how to read, I wanted to do it by myself.  It is indeed enjoyable  and entertaining. Since then..... I met Cinderella and her fairy Godmother ... Learned that the unending love of the prince charming is higher than the tower of Rapunzel ... Noticed that a heartfelt kiss from a loving heart awakens Sleeping Beauty ... encountered how the true love of Beauty freed the Beast from a curse ... And got a chance to play with the seven dwarfs of Snow White.  I also read many more short stories that teaches lessons of life.  Lessons that I keep in mind up to now.

         Short stories and fairy tales are just one of many forms of literature. There are novel, fable, anecdote, biography, legend, essay, folk song, song, epic, sonnet, and riddle.  Literature, in its broadest sense, is everything oral and written. It is an outlet of emotions that the author/writer can not say personally. They just express it through writing.  After all,  a paper is more patient than man.  This artistic writing is made generally to inform, entertain and educate us.  Thus, preparing us and shaping our future.  Good pieces of literature, like any other art, express beautifully the writers' thoughts and feelings that servers as inspiration to the readers/listeners.


           Studying literature can be an eye-opening experience.  Allowing the readers to develop and understand new ideas.  Artistic writing enable us to express ourselves in best ways. We must learn to enjoy and appreciate literature.  Take time to read literary works of art. Let us discover new world :) 

6 comments:

  1. I remember that I spent my whole Saturday last week thinking of the essay I am going to write.
    I admit I am no writer and that I find it hard making compositions like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I don't have to put my analogies on it because as far as I know it's my own essay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like making essays.
    It's twisting my brain so hard. Ouch !
    And besides, I need a long long time composing my composition. Haha ! pathetic ..

    ReplyDelete